Sunday, February 10, 2013

Thank You Rona Green.

Hi there,

Today as a cultural interlude, just a quick thank you to Rona Green.

Not long ago the great Australian artist Rona Green had a raffle on her blog and her Facebook page, I did enter the raffle, and did not win.
But she was very kind and sent me some little goodies, that made me very happy.
Thank you Rona!
That really made my day, because a few year ago, I was living in Melbourne.
Every day back then, I would walk past an art gallery that had some of her work in the window, and most day I would stop for a few minutes and alway enjoyed looking at them.
I would have loved to buy one, but I was not rich, and could not afford it, so to see her work again was great. (Thanks to Red Hand Prints for that.). And I now have a few little things from her...

So what did I received?
First a set of bookmarks:


Bookmarks and business card.

Then two catalogues of her works:

The two catalogues.

An open catalogue.

And some very cool fridge magnets and badges:

Magnets and badges.

The two white ones on the left are the fridge magnet, and the four coloured ones on the right are the badges.
The magnet will go on the home fridge, and the badges will be shared between the lady of the house, the little one and me.
Yes, it means that I will keep two of them and that they will have one of them each.

This is a great way for me to start collecting some of Rona Green's work, and was a great surprise, thanks again.
If you are interested to know more about her work, have a look at her web site:

So, no fish and no Australian landscape in this post, as previously said, this was just a little cultural intermission.

But hey, it could be worse.
Have a good day,
Me.

No comments: