Thursday, February 9, 2012

Three "Westy" Moller.

Hi there,

Here are three lures made by "Westy" Moller, the son of Eric Moller.
Eric Moller, is often regarded as the man who started the fishing lure making industry in Australia.
The tale as it that one day Eric Moller was given an American fishing lure by a fellow angler, and that it inspired him to carve one himself. This was the early 1960s, and the rest is history, as they say...
Australia has now many companies locally producing some excellent fishing lures.
And a very vibrant cottage industry, when it comes to timber lure making.

Sadly Eric Moller passed away.
Now his son, "Westy" who is in his 80's is still carving and painting wooden fishing lures, like he used to do with his father. The craft runs in the family.

Thanks to a tip from Capt. Seaweed and Top Ender from the Lure And More forum, I was able to source these three lures.
And here they are:

Large one made of Red Cedar.

Small one made of Red Cedar.

Large one made of White Beech.

Even if these look a little rough, I am really happy to have them. 
And this is certainly as close as I will ever be to own an Eric Moller lure, because the lures made by Eric are just way out of my fishing lures budget.

But hey, it could be worse.
Have a good day,
Me.

5 comments:

Fishing Lures said...

Eric Moller..'the' man.These are not bad as well!

Anonymous said...

I am going to see the grandson on Sunday... Going with a full wallet but I expect to come home with it empty... Woohoo 2rods

Rambling Expat said...

Hi there,

Now you are making me jealous 2rods!
;-)
Just kidding.
But yes be carful, these lures are quickly expensive.
The maker of the BarraGuru knows him pretty well I think.

You will have to show me what you get.
Happy picking.

Have a good day,
Me.

Anonymous said...

You sure you don't want to come with!??

Rambling Expat said...

Hi 2rods,

I would love to, but I don't think that I will be able to...

Have a good day,
Me.