Tuesday, January 24, 2012

8 Lures From Doors Off.

Hi there,

Not long ago, Doors Off, a respected member of the FFF Forum, gave me a few fishing lures as a present, for my small collection.
This is the lures that I am presenting you today.

First comes my first ever JaySea:

The JaySea Mundi 80.

I am very happy with this lure, as this is my first ever JaySea.
JaySea Lures, were first made in Queensland, then moved in the Northern Territory to Darwin, then disappeared from the radar. So I am very happy to have one in such a good condition.

Then comes a Rapala:

The Original Floater.

A classic in a nice retro colour, alway something nice to have in the collection.

Then comes a nice little Killalure:

Killalure Trout Bait.

A very nice little lure, not easy to find in the tropical north, where Barramundi lures are a lot more common than trout lures...

Then comes one lure for which I have absolutely no idea of its origin or name: 

Do you know it?

It is actually very well finished, but I don't have a single clue as to what it could be.
If you know, please enlighten me.

And now comes some of my favourite lures to collect, some Reidy's:

Aquat Rat in gold chrome.

Aquat Rat in chrome.

Aquat Rat in blue and white.

I am starting to get a few Aquat Rat, but I didn't own or hadn't even see some in these colours. So I am rather pleased to have them now.

The Rattle Snake.

This rattle snake is very interesting to me, as it has the Reidy's logo on the back, and is in a colour that you can't find on their catalogue anymore. Another lure that I had never seen in this delivery.
One of the reason I really like the Reidy's, is first because they are the local guys. And in second, because my first ever Barramundi caught on a lure was on a Reidy's B52's, in the colour gold. It was in 2007, and I still remember it, and have the lure...

Doors Off even gave me a Floppy lure.
But as the bib broke during transport, it is at the moment in the expert hands of a repairman. 
So the photo will come latter, and I can't wait, as this is too, my first Floppy.

Thanks again Doors Off, these will fit very nicely in my small collection of fishing lures.

Once again, you will have guessed it, none of these lures will ever swim any more...
Because, even if I haven't fished in a long time, I am not ashamed to say that playing with these, is nearly as good ... 

But hey, it could be worse.
Have a good day,
Me.

P.S: And don't forget to try to win a handcrafted lure in my giveaway just there.

No comments: