Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Two very collectible fishing lures

Hi there,

Today I am going to introduce you to my two most collectible fishing lures.
They are Mepps lures that were designed by the Franco-Belgian artist Francois Curlet and produced with the help of the Editions Piace Le Radieux in 2009.

The first one is the V.I.P, and here it comes:

The boxed V.I.P

Out of the box.

The V.I.P has the black feathers and chrome to symbolise the V.I.P imagery. 
Printed on the lure a pair of black lips embodies the kiss of death, as the fish that will take this lure in its mouth is destined to a very uncertain fate, in the best of case.

Silence ...

The little card that comes with the lure says silence and is a reminder of the Do Not Disturb that we can find on the handles of hotel doors. So the angler who hang it on a tree branch close to him/her while fishing should be left at peace.

The back of the box.

And yes as with all good collector items, it is signed and number on the back of the card.
This is and edition of 100 only.

And now comes my favourite, for its simplicity, the La Corbu.
In reference to the famous architect Le Corbusier.

La Corbu.

With a logotype of a plan of the farm Radieuse printed on an Aglia Classique #5.
And a single hook to keep the retro feel.
It comes attached to a reproduction of a page of one of the architect's notebooks.

The back of the card.

It is also signed and numbered on the back of the card.

I have known Francois Curlet for many year, in fact as old teenager and young adult we use to go fishing together as often as we could. 
When I received my first lot of Relic Lures, I sent him one as a present. 
Later on he sent me these two lures as a present, and they have become the most treasured lures in my small collection of fishing lures.
Thanks again Francois.

It is true to say that these two ones will never be used to fish, that I will never make them swim. They stay in my office at work, well preserved of any liquid form.
The absolut opposite of what a fishing lure is intended for...

But hey, it could be worse.
Have a good day,
Me.

No comments: