Thursday, February 3, 2011

I got a Fishing Award.

I got a fishing award, not for my fishing, but for my writing about fishing.
I was awarded the FFF Fishing Legend 2010 in the 2010 FFF Awards from the excellent FFF forum.

This was a really unexpected thing for me, as many fisherman/fisherwomen on the forum are much better than me at the noble sport of angling. Catching better, bigger and more fish than I. So to be voted as one of the award recipients by the forum members is at the same time a great honour and very humbling for me.
And it might help me to justify a tiny little bit this fishing passion that keeps me away from Ms Frugal Down Under and Dolly.
Thanks again to all the people who voted for me, and to the forum owner for running such a great site.

So with no further ado I will show you all the cool stuff I got:

My first ever trophy.

An FFF mug.

Some insect repellent.

A book to learn how to catch Barramundi.

A great fishing magazine.

A really good cast net.

One FFF T-shirt.

And a second T-shirt made by the FFF.

Christmas all over again.

And to think that I have not fished since my little car accident.
If the weather permit, I will try to blow away the cobwebs this weekend and go to tease the fishes one morning for just a bit of time.
The fact is that I start to get some serious fishing withdrawal symptoms...

But hey, it could be worse.
Have a good day,
Me.

2 comments:

Ms. Dig said...

Hey, well done! Congratulations, Rambling Expat! Will your trophy be put in pride of place?

Cordialement,
Ms. Dig.

Rambling Expat said...

Hi Ms. Dig,

And thank for the nice comment.

As an Aussie would say: "It's going straight to the pool room!"
;-)

Have a good day,
Me.