Monday, January 31, 2011

My first Rapala

This was my first hard body fishing lure, a Rapala made of balsa wood, and I forgot about it...
During my last holidays in Europe I went to my Grand-Ma house, where one of my aunties lives now.
As I was there I went trough a few old fishing bags, in search of an old Mitchell reels that I did not found. But I did found a box of old Mepps spinners, and among them was quietly resting this little Rapala.

My first hard body lure.

When I say little, little it is...

It fits in an honest hand.

The tiny little thing.

This was the first and I think only Rapala I ever bought.
But it lasted pretty well, considering that I must have bought this one in 1985...

And in seeing it a big load of memories came back to me.
The youth and care free now gone, the long afternoons fishing with my buddies talking and recreating the world.
The girls that made us dream.
The future waiting for us...

And in the blink of an eye I now live on the other side of the world, still fishing, but missing the carelessness of old times gone by.
Still dreaming but mostly of peace and quiet times.

But hey, it could be worse.
Have a good day,
Me.

No comments: