Thursday, December 16, 2010

The yellow Halco Trembler.

Hi there,

Here is another lure that has quietly entered my little fishing lure collection.
I found this one high and dry on the rock, one day as I was fishing during my lunch break.

I love fishing during my lunch breaks.
I am yet to catch anything on these very short fishing session.
But to spend 25 to 35 minutes on the water edge, flicking a lure and looking at the sea and the sky usually help me to come back to work a lot more focused and performant for the rest of the day.
Also, to be in the sun for a little while is good, as I work in a room with no windows.
Basically this help to keep me happy...

So what does this lure look like you may say...
Ok, here it is:
The Halco Trembler 110

Halco is another Australian brand of lures. (I find their  lure called Twisty very efficient when I fish for Queenfish).
The Trembler 110 is a fairly small lure, 110mm, sinking lure with two trebles. 
Yes a lure that needs to be retrieved at a rather fast pace.

I have tried it and it is quite nice to see this yellow little fish swim in the water at speed.

After fishing with it for a few times I started to notice that I was not seeing this very colour for this type of lure in any tackle shop.
So I looked at the online catalogue from Halco, and this colour was missing from there too...
Ha, this was beginning to be interesting.
Was it an export or overseas model?
Was it a fake one?
(Yes like with fashion items, there is some fake lures coming from unscrupulous places...)
Was it a prototype for colour testing?

So I made this quick photo and emailed it to the guys at Halco.
And the reply was that this colour had been abandoned probably over 8 years ago.

I don't fish with it any more...
To think that I could have lost it...

But hey, it could be worse.
Have a good day,
Me.

No comments: