Saturday, September 18, 2010

Don't go there!

Hi there,

Yesterday morning as I was leaving the nest to go to work, my little one asked me: "Are you going to work Daddy?"
I replied: "Yes, and today I will even go to the hospital for a meeting with.."
And she started to cry and said:" No Daddy don't go there! Don't go to the hospital, I don't want you to go to the hospital..."
So I had to tell her, that I was not going to see a doctor and that I would not get a big needle in my back, that I was going there for an important meeting to talk about data storage and archival... That it was ok that I was fine and happy to go there...

Poor little thing, she's afraid of doctors.
Which I can understand, as most of the time she had seen them so far it was for her injections...
It is funny/strange the things that we take for granted and easy but that can still be terribly scary for a little one...

But hey, it could be worse.
Have a good day,
Me.

No comments: